NZGAP GLOBALG.A.P. Equivalent
This programme is recognised as a fully Benchmarked GLOBALG.A.P. Scheme, so certified growers attain both an NZGAP number and a GLOBALG.A.P. number (GGN)
- Fully benchmarked to the GLOBAL.G.A.P. standard
- Supply customers worldwide that require GLOBALG.A.P. certification
- Certified growers hold a GLOBALG.A.P. certificate and number (GGN)
- GLOBAL G.A.P. certification that is customised to New Zealand
- Independently audited by accredited (e.g. JAS-ANZ) certification bodies
- Growers also get an NZGAP number to gain transparency in the local market via the NZGAP register
Any grower who holds NZGAP GLOBALG.A.P. Equivalent certification also has a GLOBALG.A.P. number (GGN) that is listed on the GLOBALG.A.P. database. Their product can be traded to any retailer worldwide that requires GLOBALG.A.P. Certification.
NZGAP GLOBALG.A.P. Equivalent is recognised as a “Fully Benchmarked GLOBALG.A.P. Scheme”. This means that the standard and checklist has been reviewed and accepted as meeting the equivalent outcomes of the GLOBALG.A.P. standard.
The difference is that this NZGAP scheme has been developed specifically for New Zealand production practices. It addresses the same issues in a New Zealand context by describing our production systems, farm ownership structures, technical terms and practices.
Growers that use the NZGAP GLOBALG.A.P. Equivalent scheme comment that it is written in plain English, is relevant and gets to the point in fewer questions.
Register for NZGAP GLOBALG.A.P. certification